The challenge of sustainability is one that confronts many Councils and CT Management Group has a depth of experience that can assist Councils with review and recommendations to meet the demands of the future.
ASSET MANAGEMENT PLANS – NEW
CT Management Group is continually updating its Asset Management tools and resources and offering Councils greater consistency in being able to benchmark against other Councils and organisations across Australia.
Service Planning and Reviews and Asset Management Planning are essential components of any sustainability review. Good condition data, together with identified maintenance and renewals requirements across asset classes are part of the foundations for improved long-term planning of assets.
The other input into this process is an understanding of the range quality, levels and cost of services Council provides to the community and whether the present service delivery is sustainable.
Councils must prepare and adopt long term Asset Management Plans that:
- Provide strategies to ensure the sustainable management of council assets.
- State the estimated capital expenditure for renewing, upgrading and extending assets; and
- Be part of and consistent with the long-term financial plan forecasts.
Modelling will demonstrate that replacing existing and ageing assets is an increasingly expensive process and needs to be managed having regard to business objectives, including service delivery targets. Asset Management through funded renewal investment and sound Asset Management Plans, is the cornerstone of sustainable service delivery.
CT Management can assist you with the updating of your Asset Register, Condition Assessment and valuation, renewal demand, establishing levels of service across asset classes, through to the development of the Asset Management Plan linking into the Long Term Financial Plan.
Our Long Term Financial Plan model also allows you to develop 20year capital works program (renewal, upgrade, new) and investment scenarios of outcomes.
REVIEW CURRENT POLICIES & STRATEGY
An alternative approach for Councils may be preferred:
- Revamping of the AM Policies and Strategy (incl improvement actions) workshopped with the Council.
- Developing Levels of Service (LoS) documents for each of the major asset classes including their respective hierarchies/classifications for roads/buildings/parks/water and sewerage.
- Organisation/Council understanding and support for a planned, sustainable approach to maintenance/renewals which are tied to agreed LoS.
- Then updating of Asset Management Plans to reflect this approach.
CT Management Group is also providing AM support to Councils where we have been providing AM support plus GIS data cleansing etc., support on an ongoing basis. This service is called “CT Connect”.
CT Management Group have skilled experienced Associates who can assist Councils to:
- Review the currency of your existing Asset Management Plans.
- Undertake asset data integrity audits
- Review life cycle asset management and renewal gap forecasting
- Following review ensure that current plans link to long term financial forecasts.
For more information on our extensive project work to date with Councils throughout Victoria, Queensland, New South Wales and Tasmania please call 1300 500 932 or submit the form below.