About this Policy
- Clearly communicate the personal information handling practices of CT Management Group Pty Ltd (CT Management Group)
- Enhance the transparency of CT Management Group’s operations; and
- Give individuals and entities a better and more complete understanding of the sort of personal information that CT Management Group holds, and the way we handle that information
Outline of this policy
The Personal Information Handling Practices’ below explains our general information handling practices across the company including information about how we collect, use, disclose and store your personal information and online personal information and information handling practices.
Our obligations under the Privacy Act
CT Management Group collects personal information directly from the individual or their authorised representative.
Sometimes CT Management Group collect personal information from a third party or a publicly available source, but only if the individual has consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect their personal information in this way, or if it is necessary for a specific purpose such as the investigation of a privacy complaint.
In limited circumstances we may receive personal information about third parties from individuals who contact us and supply us with the personal information of others in the documents they provide to us.
We only collect personal information for purposes which are directly related to our functions or activities under the Privacy Act, Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act) or the Australian Information Commissioner Act 2010 (AIC Act), and only when it is necessary for or directly related to such purposes. We also collect personal information related to employment services, human resource management, and other corporate service functions.
These purposes are listed below.
We also collect personal information (including contact details) as part of our normal communication processes directly related to those purposes, including:
- When an individual emails staff members or Associates
- When an individual telephones us
- When an individual hands us their business card
- When people ask to be on an email or mailing list so that the CT Management Group can send them information about its activities and publications
- When we record who we have had contact with in relation to media or other public relations events
- When we conduct events, or deliver training
- When an individual contacts us asking for information or advice
- When an individual uses our website and makes a request
- Email addresses which are publicly available
Use and disclosure
We only use personal information for the purposes for which it was given to us, for purposes which are directly related to one of our functions or activities, or for the purpose of periodical emails – for sending occasional company news, updates, related product and service information etc.
Note – if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include an unsubscribe button at the bottom of each email.
CT Management Group will not sell or disclose your information to any third parties, be it in Australia or overseas without your written consent, unless one of the following applies:
- The individual would reasonably expect, or has been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
- It is otherwise required or authorised by law
- It will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health
- It is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up to date and complete. These steps include maintaining and updating personal information when we are advised by individuals that their personal information has changed, and at other times as necessary.
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. These steps include password protection for accessing our electronic IT system securing paper files in locked cabinets and physical access restrictions.
When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted. If CT Management Group no longer need personal information and there is no law that says you have to retain the information, then the information will be destroyed.
CT Management will:
- Shred, pulp or destroy the personal information paper records
- Dispose of files in security bins
- Delete electronic records or files securely so that they can’t be retrieved
Access and correction
You have the right to access and make corrections to your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request into writing for security reasons.
CT Management Group Website
In respect of each visitor to our website, we collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are at this Site.
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How to contact us
Telephone: 1300 500 932
Post: PO Box 1374 GEELONG VIC 3220
Facsimile: +61 3 5221 2666
The content of CT Management’s website is provided for information purposes only. CT Management makes no claim as to the accuracy or authenticity of this content. Furthermore CT Management does not accept liability to any person for the information or advice provided on this website or incorporated into it by reference. CT Management does not accept any liability for loss or damages incurred as a result of reliance placed upon the content of this website.
This information is provided on the basis that all persons accessing this website undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content.
Note: In this disclaimer the term ‘Information’ includes any information (in whatever format) contained or incorporated into this website by references or any information stored and served by this website.
©CT Management Group Pty Ltd 2019. This website and its contents are subject to copyright law.
The copyright in some materials incorporated within this website is owned by third parties.
You are authorised to view, copy, download and print the material on this website in unmodified form for personal, non-commercial and informational purposes. You are authorised to make a link to this website.
Any other use of the material on this website must be authorised by CT Management Group.
If you believe that material published on this website infringes copyright please email the CT Management Group with the following details:
- Your name, address, phone number and email address so that we can reply
- Details of the material you believe infringes copyright
- The location of the material you believe infringes copyright (including the URL of the pages)
- Details of why you believe the material infringes copyright
- Your connection to the material you believe infringes copyright (whether you are the copyright owner or acting on behalf of the copyright owner)