Our Sustainable Council Program provides an assessment of council’s capacity to meet the community’s future service requirements.
Through an analysis of future service levels and capital investment options, the program provides a consultative approach to determine the long-term financial sustainability of Council’s service offering.
- Ensure Council’s investment in services is achieving desired outcomes.
- Facilitate capability to make informed comparative choices between competing service demands.
- Facilitate community engagement around service priorities.
- Define levels of service, future service demand and prioritise services. − Ensure investment in assets that support service delivery through development of Asset Plans.
- Review the governance frameworks around service, asset, and financial management.
- Provide a detailed long term financial plan to ensure the financial sustainability of ongoing service delivery and capital investment.
- Ensure compliance to statutory requirements under the auspice of the Office of the Auditor General.
The four elements of the Sustainable Council Program:
- Service Planning
- Asset Planning
- Data and Information
- Financial Planning
The program establishes the building blocks for detailed community consultation and meets the statutory longer-term planning requirements under the various Local Government Acts across the nation.
CT Management Group presented an introduction to Service Planning at the recent LGFP Forum (Cairns, Qld).
The Program can be offered in total or alternatively via separate elements.
For more information, visit our website Sustainable Council Program. To discuss how we can help you with the Sustainable Council Program please contact us on 1300 500 932 or submit the form below.